Education is the key to improving health and safety. The video below is a brief introduction to the skin and the importance of skin protection. Connect with our YouTube channel for additional videos and future resources.
Education is key to improving healthy and safety. Below are links to various websites or articles that can help keep you and your customers informed about the improtance of skin protection. Links will be updated periodically as additional resources become available.
- “Skin Exposure and Effects” (www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/skin/)
An overview of the skin and risks / effects of many common skin exposures.
- “Dermal Exposure” (www.osha.gov/SLTC/dermalexposure/index.html)
Skin exposure to chemicals in the workplace is a significant problem in the US.
Source: OSHA / US Department of Labor
- “Preventing Occupational Dermatitis” (www.lni.wa.gov/Safety/Research/Dermatitus/files/general_skin.pdf)
General information on Dermatitis and suggestions on how to prevent it in the workplace.
Source: Washington State Dept of Labor and Industries
- “Hand Protection – Handle With Care” (http://www.statefundca.com/safety/safetymeeting/)
The most common hand injuries and how you can prevent them.
Source: State Compensation Insurance Fund
- “The Skin and It’s Hazards” (https://pr88gamp.com/the-skin-and-its-hazards/)
Basic information around the skin, it’s function, and most common issues.
Source: Gamp Inc.